Monday, December 1, 2008

Black Friday: Was it that serious?


I'm sure by now we've all heard the story of the Wal-mart employee being trambled to death on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving. Then I heard a story about two men shooting and losing their lives in the process at Toys'R' Us. Now it's been said that the last one was gang related but I beg to differ, we've all been into Toys'R'Us at least once and seen kids act a damn fool when their denied a toy, so I'm sure these two men were willing to die before returning home empty handed to Jr. But can I just take a moment to laugh? The unsettling fact that a life was lost in the great quest to find whatever it was that got those jaded shoppers up at the wee hours of the morning, is not funny but the story is undeniable funny. Now I've only attended a Black Friday event once, with my cheap aunt and I laughed my ass off. There was a swarm of depressed Wal-Mart shoppers willing to do anything to part the doors and go lurking for marked down items. And when they opened the doors? Pure mayhem yet it was like watching 'Being Brown': it's funny yet so, so, so sad. Watch the following video and laugh...

No comments: